VisionTek Canada, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively "VisionTek NetConnect") are committed to protecting your online privacy while you use its website.
This Policy may be modified from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review our Policy to stay informed of any changes made. Your continued use of our website constitutes your agreement to our Policy and any modifications made thereto.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
"Personal Information" pertains to information collected from individuals through this website that relates to you, that identifies you as a customer or potential customer of VisionTek NetConnect and that allow VisionTek NetConnect to provide products, services and information to you directly. VisionTek NetConnect asks for your personal information so that it can understand your needs, determine ifVisionTek NetConnect's products, services, or information meets your needs, inform you about its products, services and information that it believes may be of interest to you, or comply with the applicable law. Of course, you may choose not to provide VisionTek NetConnect with personal information. However, this choice may not enable VisionTek NetConnect to provide you with the product, service or information you requested or that could be offered to you. VisionTek NetConnect is not responsible for the safety of personal information at websites of other companies which are linked to the website of VisionTek NetConnect.
Through the formulation of appropriate security measures, VisionTek NetConnect endeavors to prevent any leakage or loss of, or damage or unauthorized access to, personal information we obtain from you. VisionTek NetConnect will use your personal information only for achieving one or more of the following objectives:
- To execute contracts concluded between you and VisionTek NetConnect.
- To send you information concerning the holding of events, etc.
- To contact you regarding meetings or follow up discussions.
- To provide after-service for products.
- To send guides or materials for new products.
- To provide various types of member services.
- To perform stock-related tasks.
To respond to various types of inquiries.
- To perform analysis to improve products or services, based on surveys.
When personal information is collected from you, we generally let you know at the time the information is collected how we will use the information. Usually, your personal information is used to respond to your inquiry or to process your request. This information may be shared with other VisionTek NetConnect companies, if necessary to fulfill your request or for related purposes.
We may share the personal information you provide with other companies we have hired to provide services for us. These companies are contractually bound to the personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
ABOUT USAGE OF COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
A cookie is piece of information that enables interaction between the web server that manages a website and a customer's web browser. A cookie may be stored as a file on the customer's computer disk. When a cookie is used, the web server can record information such as which computer visited which pages on the website. However, VisionTek NetConnect cannot identify an individual customer unless the customer enters his or her own personal information into the website.
2 Web beacon
This technology, which functions with a cookie, enables the beacon owner to know how many times a customer accessed a particular page. However, unless the customer enters his or her own personal information when, or after, the cookie is accepted, VisionTek NetConnect cannot identify an individual customer.
USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
VisionTek NetConnect does not use or disclose your personal information for purpose other than those it has collected or as set forth in this Policy, except with your consent or as required by law.
Unless your prior consent has been obtained, VisionTek NetConnect will not provide your personal information to third parties. However, in any of the following cases VisionTek NetConnect may provide personal information to third parties without your prior consent:
- If VisionTek NetConnect is required to do so by law.
- If you direct VisionTek NetConnect to do so.
- If it is necessary to do so in order to protect the lives, persons, or properties of individuals, and obtaining your prior consent is difficult.
- If it is necessary to cooperate with central government institutions, local governments, or any entities acting on their behalf for the execution of any legally prescribed business, and there is concern that obtaining your consent may impede the execution of the said business.
- When entrusted with the handling of personal information, in the range of activities required to reach the purpose of the use.
- When providing personal information to continue business activities when business-related events such as mergers occur.
When required to do so for business activities in which VisionTek NetConnect is co-operating with other VisionTek Group Companies, VisionTek NetConnect sometimes provides VisionTek NetConnect Group Companies with personal information (such as names, workplaces, home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.). In such cases, the customer's personal information is provided on paper or electronic media. The customer can request VisionTek NetConnect to stop the provision of the personal information to a VisionTek NetConnect.
When a customer contacts VisionTek NetConnect by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.